Interview with Adventure Club conducted by DubstepRemix.Org on October 23rd, 2011.
1. Before forming a duo in early 2011, were you guys already friends, or just two guys who met, had things in common and decided to make music together?
We've been friends since high school, involved in a bunch of different musical projects. However, we only decided to have a go at EDM music in 2011.
We got tired of lugging guitars, amps, drums around. Now, we just sit in a basement, drinking embarrassing amounts of energy dranks... (Energy drink sponsorship anyone?) and yes, we know they're terrible for you. We're actually super neurotic health freaks, but since we started this Adventure Club, we kind of let some of that slip...
2. How did you guys get discovered? Can I even ask this? =]
If I could write in exact detail how it kind of came together, I would. However, we weren't planning on, it just came along as we kept releasing songs.
We sent songs to blogs, youtube channels, a couple picked them up. Slowly, more friendly internet people starting posting our traxxx everywhere.
Love the internet.
3. Some hip hop artists are heavily influenced by Bruce Lee and Kung fu movies, what are your inspirations when it comes to making music with unique and distinct sounds?
Jayden Jaymes, Flux Pavillion, anddd Pop pUnk.
4. How would you describe yourself in one word? (Leighton = ?) (Christian = ?)
Christian = Expecto Patronum
Leighton = Rictusempra
7. You guys seem busy lately, what have you been up too?
Our touring schedule has been filling out quite nicely lately, that along with school, writing music and girlfriends.
Having a decent social life with our friends is tough. Lol@sleeping.
8. Lastly, if I gave you two plane tickets to anywhere in the world, where would you guys go? And why?
A Bali beach. Cause it's a Bali beach. But it would have to be a sunny Bali beach. gloomy Bali beaches suck.
When do we get our tickets?
Interviewer's Ending Comments: I've followed Adventure Club since the beginning, and was hooked when I heard their distinct style! I remembered being there when some random guy on Youtube was claiming their tracks as his own and people actually believed that guy, that's how far back Adventure Club had been. Now they are a super success, and it's only a matter of time before they become well-known heavyweights like Skrillex. I had a blast doing an interview with these two and wish them the very best. Maybe one day I will be able to afford to buy them two tickets to Bali, or maybe they can buy me one. =]
Adventure Club Official Links:
Adventure Clubs's sickest traxxx:
Flight Facilities - Crave You (Adventure Club Dubstep Remix)
Thrice - Broken Lungs (Adventure Club Dubstep Remix)
Britney Spears - Till the World Ends (Adventure Club Dubstep Remix)
Adventure Club's interview conducted exclusively by DubstepRemix.Org!